Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What not to do

Quilt when the backing is folded over. Lots and lots of seam ripping is on the cards for me today.

Here's how Alice is looking when the mistakes are harder to spot. My eldest daughter told me she didn't like the yellow, then the next day said that it was very effective. Can't make up her mind, much like her mother.

I've tried to do a different style of free-motion quilting in each log cabin block. It's becoming obvious to me that I have a long, long way to go before I can call myself a decent quilter. I do enjoy it though. I should have pieced the back, but I was so keen I just went right ahead and use a whole piece of fabric. I will probably end up having to trim down the edges quite a lot. I hope it doesn't detract from the design too much.
One thing I would like to do is take more notice of the fabric I use, designers, place of purchase. etc. maybe next time.

1 comment: