Monday, February 21, 2011

One weekend = one quilt

Here's the fabric selection for my latest quilt. I've been collecting vintage napkins from the op-shops for a while now to go in the centre of the blocks. Said friend has the most beautiful and soft colour preferences, lots of blue and grey. I added yellow because subtlety is not my strong point.


 I think the yellow really makes the design pop. 
This is my first foray into straight line quilting and I really, really like how it turned out.



It's not a full sized bed quilt, but just the right size for snuggling under on the lounge.


3 comments:

  1. love your work Ellie!! really like the pattern and colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! This quilt is just DIVINE!!!
    I love the vintage napkins in the center of the blocks, gorgeous!!

    Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete